Free of Charge
CLICK HERE for the registration form
DOCUMENTARY CLUB selects
The Emperor’s Naked Army Marches On
Kazuo Hara, Japan/Indonesia 1987, 122 min.
There aren't many choices available for Thai cinephiles, as most cinemas here are multiplexes which screen lookalike blockbuster films. As a distributor and cinema, we try to create alternatives, especially for documentary films. Our ongoing focus is on the classics. Kazuo Hara’s films have always been of interest because of the way they deal with social issues. His most infamous work, The Emperor’s Naked Army Marches On, shows just how controversial and confrontational documentaries can be. The film examines the historical amnesia that continues to plague Japanese society until today. After the screening we always have a discussion and believe this film will spark conversation in the audience about the subject and Hara’s method of making documentaries.
– Thanaphon Accawatanyu of Documentary Club
Documentary Club was founded in 2014. We are a community of people working in visual media bringing great documentaries from around the world to the Thai market. We strongly believe that through film, people can gain a better understanding of the world around them, which consequently inspires creative social change. Documentary Club is not just a project that aims to introduce people to documentary film, it is also a club for people to share their diverse interests in arts, culture, and society. We focus on both entertaining and inspiring documentaries, hosting talks and events to broaden participants’ perspectives. Furthermore, we organize a cinema called Doc Club & Pub. Opened in 2021, we hope it will create a space not just for films but for art and culture.
- You can purchase your ticket on the website of Beykoz Kundura. We do not sell tickets at the door.For information: +90 216 323 31 30 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- %20 discount applied for the purchase of two tickets
- We would like to remind you that you can access your tickets through “My Tickets” on our website when you have logged on as a member.
You can follow our social media accounts for updates and campaigns.
- The program might change due to unforeseen reasons. The purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or returned unless the show has been cancelled or postponed.
- Those who purchase discounted tickets are expected to show ID at the entrance.
- Our audience can enter Beykoz Kundura 2 hours before the session of the ticket they bought.
- The exhibition titled "Kundura's Memory: The World Within a Factory" can be visited free of charge on the days of the event by reservation. Please visit beykozkundura.com/kundura-memory
- Shooting with a professional camera is not allowed without written permission. We kindly ask you to deliver your recording devices to the security point at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura.
- It is prohibited to bring food and beverages inside the venue.
- The screening will take place on an indoor stage, our certified ventilation systems operate with 100% fresh air and do not include particles.
- Disabled audiences will be able to enter Kundura Sinema from the main entrance.
- Seats are not numbered.
- The seating and common areas of our cinema theater are regularly disinfected before and after screenings.
- In the event that there is a technical issue with the electronic subtitling system, our technicians will first work to resolve the issue, and if that is not possible, the screening will continue without subtitles.
- We kindly ask our audience to pay attention to come to the sessions on time.
- Pursuant to Article 7 of Law No. 7163, “Motion pictures without any content rating and classification may only be shown during festivals, special film screenings and similar cultural and art activities by displaying the rating symbol of 18+ years old.”
- Using cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, etc. during the screening to record is strictly forbidden. Recording with any recording device is prohibited.
- Audio and video recordings will be made by Beykoz Kundura throughout the event, and the recorded images will be published on Beykoz Kundura's website and social media accounts for promotional purposes only. Beykoz Kundura will use the event records for promotional purposes only and will be able to transfer these records to the artist.
- Audiences who arrive late are admitted in the interval; it will not be possible to enter the hall for the concerts without interval.
- Our events have the age limit of 18. Those whor are under the age of 18 can participate in events and concerts with a parent
HOW TO GET HERE?
- You can come to the venue with your own vehicle. Parking is free
- For detailed information on transportation please click