Free of Charge
CLICK HERE for the registration form
FORUM LENTENG selects
Behind the Flickering Light: The Archive
Anak Sabiran, di Balik Cahaya Gemerlapan (Sang Arsip)
Hafiz Rancajale, Indonesia 2013, 154 min.
Behind the Flickering Light: The Archive is dear to me personally. It was in the making when I first got in touch with Forum Lenteng back in 2012. The film itself mirrors the situation and condition of contemporary Indonesian cinema by looking at cinema history; scattered, grand, important, and about to be forgotten. The film is told through a conversation among my colleagues at Forum Lenteng and Misbach Yusa Biran, the founder of Sinematek Indonesia, which is the first and biggest film archive in Southeast Asia. The film is important for us not only as a dialogue about preserving film as a medium, but also for the knowledge of how it can be accessible to the wider public, as a national treasure, or simply as entertainment. In a country where film largely arrives as a commodity and without discourse, Behind the Flickering Light: The Archive aims to trigger awareness, to allow for reflection on why we love cinema, and to engage us to consider what's next.
– Yuki Aditya of Forum Lenteng
Forum Lenteng, a non-profit organization based in Jakarta, was founded in 2003 by artists, academics, cultural activists, and students. The collective focuses on alternative education using audiovisual media as a tool to learn and increase awareness around socio-cultural matters. Created in collaboration with local collectives in other cities and other islands around Indonesia, our programmes concern media empowerment, in order to decentralize the production of narratives and place them in the hands of common people through many local interdisciplinary programs such as Akumassa (community-based media education), 69 Performance Club (performance arts empowerment), ARKIPEL International Documentary and Experimental Film Festival, and more.
- You can purchase your ticket on the website of Beykoz Kundura. We do not sell tickets at the door.For information: +90 216 323 31 30 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- %20 discount applied for the purchase of two tickets
- We would like to remind you that you can access your tickets through “My Tickets” on our website when you have logged on as a member.
You can follow our social media accounts for updates and campaigns.
- The program might change due to unforeseen reasons. The purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or returned unless the show has been cancelled or postponed.
- Those who purchase discounted tickets are expected to show ID at the entrance.
- Our audience can enter Beykoz Kundura 2 hours before the session of the ticket they bought.
- The exhibition titled "Kundura's Memory: The World Within a Factory" can be visited free of charge on the days of the event by reservation. Please visit beykozkundura.com/kundura-memory
- Shooting with a professional camera is not allowed without written permission. We kindly ask you to deliver your recording devices to the security point at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura.
- It is prohibited to bring food and beverages inside the venue.
- The screening will take place on an indoor stage, our certified ventilation systems operate with 100% fresh air and do not include particles.
- Disabled audiences will be able to enter Kundura Sinema from the main entrance.
- Seats are not numbered.
- The seating and common areas of our cinema theater are regularly disinfected before and after screenings.
- In the event that there is a technical issue with the electronic subtitling system, our technicians will first work to resolve the issue, and if that is not possible, the screening will continue without subtitles.
- We kindly ask our audience to pay attention to come to the sessions on time.
- Pursuant to Article 7 of Law No. 7163, “Motion pictures without any content rating and classification may only be shown during festivals, special film screenings and similar cultural and art activities by displaying the rating symbol of 18+ years old.”
- Using cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, etc. during the screening to record is strictly forbidden. Recording with any recording device is prohibited.
- Audio and video recordings will be made by Beykoz Kundura throughout the event, and the recorded images will be published on Beykoz Kundura's website and social media accounts for promotional purposes only. Beykoz Kundura will use the event records for promotional purposes only and will be able to transfer these records to the artist.
- Audiences who arrive late are admitted in the interval; it will not be possible to enter the hall for the concerts without interval.
- Our events have the age limit of 18. Those whor are under the age of 18 can participate in events and concerts with a parent
HOW TO GET HERE?
- You can come to the venue with your own vehicle. Parking is free
- For detailed information on transportation please click