Meeting point: Manolya Park, Koşuyolu
Meeting time: 15:15
Starting time: 15:30
Duration: 120 Minutes
Ending Point: Kadıköy’s Bahariye neighborhood
Remote Istanbul is a play in which a group of city residents wear headphones and set off on a journey around Istanbul, guided by a synthetic sound. This encounter with artificial intelligence transforms the journey into a whole other experience. When we are guided by algorithms, whom exactly are we following? How can we make mutual decisions when we are all together? As we watch and are affected by one another, we make personal decisions, but can we still remain part of a group?
This journey begins at the specified meeting point on the Anatolian side. With Istanbul streets as the stage and participants often taking on the role of performers, we question our relationship with the city praxis. As we observe human behavior using artificial intelligence, we also grow accustomed to the sounds with each step. Throughout the journey, the viewer will be guided by various authentic sound designs such as binaural sound and film music. Just as the performance can become the urban fabric itself, it can also allow participants to form a wholly new relationship with the city…
We invite you on the Remote Istanbul journey, to rediscover the codes of Istanbul through brand-new sounds…
* We have taken health and safety measures against COVID-19 during this performance, and we would kindly like to remind our guests to adhere to these measures. Please click here for further details in our notice for guests.
Helgard Haug, Stefan Kaegi, and Daniel Wetzel founded the theater group Rimini Protokoll in 2000. Since then, they have formed different groups under this name to perform various works. They seek to create new perspectives on reality in each project they undertake, continuing to push the envelope with theater. Rimini Protokoll often develops the plays, performative installations, and radio plays it stages by collaborating with regular people who are experts in areas other than theater in their daily lives. Their works also regularly involve audience participation and playful use of technology. Guided by a dramaturgy that questions reality, their works transform venues and social structures into theatrical forms.
- Language Option: TURKISH / Regular - 120 TL
- Language: ENGLISH / Regular - 120 TL
- Please arrive at the event starting point at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time.
- We will have a short metro ride during the event, which requires you to bring your own ISTANBULKART with a registered HES code. Participants who do not have a personalized Istanbulkart with a HES code will not be able to participate at the event. If you do not have one, or don’t use an Istanbulkart, please get in contact with us prior to the event.
- In order for you to participate in our event we will provide you with headphone equipment. You will need to fill and sign the end of the document to be able to receive the headphone equipment used during the performance.
- The event is approximately 120 minutes of walking time along a 2 km walking path in the city and we will have a short metro ride during the event.
- The performance’s starting point and ending point are different locations. We advise you to use public transportation to come to the starting point.
- Since this event requires walking in open air we advise you to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and keep yourself well hydrated.
- It is prohibited to take any recordings during the performances with cameras, photography cameras, smartphones etc.
- The event has an age limit of 18. Participants under the age of 18 can attend the event with the supervision of an adult.
- You will be personally responsible for any accident or health problem that you might experience during the performance.
Health and Safety:
- The headphones used during the performance will have single-use ear covers and Istanbulcards will be wiped with disinfectants before being given to you.
- In comprise of health measures due to Covid-19 we will check your HES Code at the starting point of the event. Participants who come up as RISK FACTOR during their HES code scan, according to the official regulations by Ministry of Health, we will not be able to allow the person to participate to the event. If you had a COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days or if you have shown any possible symptoms related to COVID-19 in touch with anyone else that was diagnosed COVID-19 positive, if you are suffering from high fever, cough, shortness of breath you are required to notify our performance staff and choose not to participate in the performance.
- We kindly ask you to maintain COVID-19 specific rules including “social distancing, mandatory use of masks and hand hygiene” while paying attention to our performance staff’s warnings.
- The headset system given to you before the performance in complete and fully working condition belongs to the event organizer Lita Film Organization ve Turizm Ltd. Şti. ("Lita"). Headphone system is supplied to you only for your use during the performance, and you must return them to the staff at the ending point. If you do not hand in back the headphone system to the performance staff, it will be reported and you will be charged for missing equipment.
- It is your responsibility to be RISK FREE according to your HES code scan, and to have a valid Istanbulkart with a HES Code registered to it.
- If you have a health problem, you should not attend the event. Lita does not take any responsibility for the current and / or future health problems of the audience. In this context, you agree and declare in advance that you will not hold Lita responsible for any accidents and damages that may occur during the performance.
Changes in the Program and Ticket Refunding:
The program may be changed due to unforeseen reasons and beyond our control. Purchased tickets cannot be changed or refunded unless the screening is canceled or the date is changed by the organizer.
REMOTE ISTANBUL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Welcome to Remote Istanbul!
We are excited to share this experience with you. In order for you to safely participate in our event we kindly ask you to accept the rules and regulations below and sign this document to be able to receive the headphone equipment and Istanbulkart used during the performance.
Event Starting Point and Ticket Checkpoint:
Manolya Park - Koşuyolu, Manolya Parkı İçi Yolu, 34718 Kadıköy/İstanbul
Important Event Rules: