By Haug / Kaegi / Wetzel
There is a crisis! And in times of global crisis, it's all about global cooperation. Nevertheless, this time the crisis is being dealt with locally - on behalf of the world: at a conference that no one needs to book a flight or mount a train for. A performance to which the invited experts and speakers do not appear physically, but are represented by local people who only receive their script at the beginning of their presentation. In CONFERENCE OF THE ABSENT, the audience observes people from their own city as they take on the identity of an absent conference speaker.
Completely without CO2-emissions and bad Skype or Zoom connections, but with all the performative means of the theater, the contributions and contradicting theses on the consequences of globalization will be delivered into the theater space - and settle them within it.
The advantage of not being there - not having to be everywhere at all - becomes a joint play that can be experienced anew every evening. At the center of this game are people who become carriers of ideas and playfully acquire both biographies of experts as well as their thoughts. In this way, absence becomes an added value because it creates space for new enrollments and unexpected perspectives. Ghostwriters and speechwriters, co-authors and directors at the same time, Rimini Protokoll turns documentary co-authorship into remote directing.
Concept / Text / Direction: Helgard Haug, Stefan Kaegi, Daniel Wetzel
Video- and Light design: Marc Jungreithmeier
Sound design: Daniel Dorsch
Research / Dramaturgy: Imanuel Schipper, Lüder Pit Wilcke
with the voice of: Nadja Stübiger
and thee prompting voices of: Henriette Hölzel, David Kosel, Hans-Werner Leupelt und Karina Plachetka
Cooperation political-cultural education: Dr. Werner Friedrichs
Production Management: Epona Hamdan
Production Management touring: Vera Nau
Dramaturgy Assistance: Sebastian Klauke
Directing Assistance: Lisa Homburger and Maximilian Pellert
Stage Assistance: Maksim Chernykh
Production Assistance: Federico Schwindt
Technical Director Touring: Joscha Eckert, Bodo Gottschalk, Marc Jungreithmeier
Sound Operator Touring: Aaron Ghantus, Fabian Tombers
Turkish anchorvoice: Ayşe Draz
Turkish in ear voices: Hakan Emre Ünal, Nezaket Erden
Assistant director & production assistance: Melis Balaban
A production of Rimini Apparat
In co-production with Staatsschauspiel Dresden, Ruhrfestspiele Recklinghausen, HAU Hebbel am Ufer (Berlin) and Goethe-Institut.
The concept creation was funded by the Federal Agency for Civic Education.
- Adult - 120 TL
- Kundura Young (Under 25) - 50 TL
- You can purchase your ticket on the website of Beykoz Kundura. We do not sell tickets at the door.
For information: +90 216 323 31 30 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- %20 discount applied for the purchase of two tickets
- We would like to remind you that you can access your tickets through “My Tickets” on our website when you have logged on as a member.
You can follow our social media accounts for updates and campaigns.
- The program might change due to unforeseen reasons. The purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or returned unless the show has been cancelled or postponed.
- Those who purchase discounted tickets are expected to show ID at the entrance.
- Our audience can enter Beykoz Kundura 2 hours before the session of the ticket they bought.
- The exhibition titled "Kundura's Memory: The World Within a Factory" can be visited free of charge on the days of the event by reservation. To make a reservation, please visit beykozkundura.com/kundura-memory
- Shooting with a professional camera is not allowed without written permission. We kindly ask you to deliver your recording devices to the security point at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura.
- It is prohibited to bring food and beverages inside the venue.
- Disabled audiences will be able to enter Kundura Sinema from the main entrance.
- Seats are not numbered.
- In the event that there is a technical issue with the electronic subtitling system, our technicians will first work to resolve the issue, and if that is not possible, the screening will continue without subtitles.
- We kindly ask our audience to pay attention to come to the sessions on time.
- Pursuant to Article 7 of Law No. 7163, “Motion pictures without any content rating and classification may only be shown during festivals, special film screenings and similar cultural and art activities by displaying the rating symbol of 18+ years old.”
- Using cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, etc. during the screening to record is strictly forbidden. Recording with any recording device is prohibited.
Audio and video recordings will be made by Beykoz Kundura throughout the event, and the recorded images will be published on Beykoz Kundura's website and social media accounts for promotional purposes only. Beykoz Kundura will use the event records for promotional purposes only and will be able to transfer these records to the artist.
- Audiences who arrive late are admitted in the interval; it will not be possible to enter the hall for the concerts without interval.
- Our events have the age limit of 18. Those whor are under the age of 18 can participate in events and concerts with a parent.
HOW TO GET HERE?
- You can come to the venue with your own vehicle. Parking is free
- For detailed information on transportation please click
- You may use our return shuttle, provided especially for Kundura Sinema guests, from Beykoz Kundura to Taksim and Kadıköy&Üsküdar, departing at the end of the screening
Kadıköy&Üsküdar Line: Beykoz Kundura - Libadiye Alvarlızade Durağı - Altunizade - Fıstıkağacı - Üsküdar Meydan - Doğancılar - Kadıköy Rıhtım
Taksim Line: Beykoz Kundura - Levent - Zincirlikuyu Metrobüs - Beşiktaş – Taksim (AKM)